Friday 19 August 2011

Married life.

My last post feels so different life from how I feel now. Obviously I don't blog enough!

Well... I'm married now and honestly I've never felt so full of life. My beautiful new wife and I live in a HUGE house and our rhythm of life is still being developed. It's very exciting and we're still adjusting to each other and our pattern of work rest and play. I think the best thing is that it still feels like a sleepover every night! haha... a bit silly and I know one day the novelty will wear off but at the moment I'm thoroughly enjoying hanging out with my new wife and enjoying her company. One surprising aspect of living in our own place is the amount of cleaning and chores I'm happy to do! I water the plants everyday and everything!! I guess it comes with the sense of belonging and ownership that comes with starting a new family and owning a space of our own.

The wedding day went beautifully. I can't thank the in laws enough for providing such a sweet venue and giving us the space and scope to make it our own. They were brilliant and everyone had a brilliant time :) If you didn't already know our wedding service took place in the local church and then the reception followed in a marquee at Ruth's parent's garden. I think a highlight was "play time" in-between the reception meal and evening do where everyone just sat around the grounds, played cricket, badminton, "Kubbs" or just had a good catch up. The next day Ruth and I spent almost the whole 9 hours in the car on the way down to Cornwall just looking back on the day, looking back on how we felt, laughing at friends and sharing stories. It was a good drive.

The honeymoon was beautiful as well! We played with a feral kitten, bought a "chocolate- mint" plant, ate lots of seafood, checked out King Arthur's pad, hung out in our pretty little cottage, drove and drove and drove and took lots of pictures!

Lately I've developed a keen interest in golf and sea fishing. Signs of old age are already creeping up and I've just gotten married!! If all goes to plan by our one year anniversary I'll be wearing corduroy, growing a beard, smoking a pipe, eating high tea, talking about the news and developing an interest in birdwatching or gardening... I've noticed in my conversation with friends or friend (Kenny) that we talk about the most trivial things but find then thoroughly interesting, sunken boats in Sweden and the like. I find it interesting though (well I would do I feel as if I'm getting more boring by the minute) that I'm leaving my rebellious and wayward nature behind and adopting a more sensible more grounded outlook on life. I remember as a teenager I was often a rebel without a cause, I just fancied saying no and deliberately doing things differently and did what I wanted to do. I no longer feel the need to buck against the trend or go out of my way to define myself as an individual. I guess I'm continually re-realizing how there is so much more to my life than just myself and that's immense. To live for more than just me, to live for more than my own amusement and entertainment is so fulfilling. Like I said in the beginning of this blog I feel full of life. In giving all of me away on the 23rd of July I gained infinitely more. Strange sort of economics that isn't it? I started this particular blog without an agenda, or a message as such but I guess I'd like to leave it here. I'd like to leave this blog recognizing that I'm full of life because in my marriage with Ruth I'm free to give myself completely away without reservation, to live for someone else which is so much more than... anything that I can think of.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Danny... you make me more excited for my day! =)

    ReplyDelete