Monday 3 September 2012

"The Beach"

I really love beaches. I love the fact that there are rock pools to explore and lots of little animals and a mini ecosystem that lives and thrives there. I love that it's where the land meets the sea and it's constantly changing and moves with the tides. I love it because it's where you can do some fishing! I love that it's a place a lot of people set aside to relax and sunbathe and chill out. I love sunsets. I love the ice cream vans that visit. It's a very fun environment for me.

Right now (in the context of my life) I feel like I'm at the beach. I'm in a sort of "in-between/ transitional" place between "land and sea", one part of my life and the next. I am in Kansas City (Missouri) with my wife and we left home in the UK four days ago with the aim to make Hong Kong our home next year. We're in Kansas City to join "24-7 Prayer" on "The Vision Course" to prepare for our journey onto Hong Kong and just like I would be at the beach I am really really happy to be here. It's just so much fun... Yesterday we played beach volleyball and had a barbeque! Two very "beach-y" activities. We're also here to get to know the people we'll be journeying with in Hong Kong. We (my wife and I) live in a community house and eat together all the time. For me, it's also a place of healing and rest. I haven't been properly plugged into a church community for a while and I'm so excited to join with a home who, in all our brokenness and imperfections, try to seek Jesus, to serve and be served, to live out my sonship in God's kingdom rather than an attitude of a slave or an orphan.  I'm looking forward to all the good things God has in store for us. I'm excited to experience a deepening of character and growing in an ability to love well. I intend to live entirely in the present holding our future lightly, because who knows what's going to happen or where we'll end up? I also intend to blog regularly in a deliberate attempt to make time to reflect and soak all that's going on around and in me. There's a richness that I don't want to miss so it would be my privilege to share with you my journey.

Til the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment